Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sparkle Snow Ornaments

I'm still going ornament strong! Today's almost feels like cheating, though. I say "almost" because is there really anything wrong with super easy / cheap decorating this time of year? NO!

So...(drum roll)...I present to you...my lucky readers...this remarkable ornament...(continue drum roll)...for your crafting Christmas pleasure.


YES! You too, can make this pretty, sparkly, snow ornament. Remember those incredible plastic bulbs I found??? Well, I bought TWO. And then I found this bag of fake snow at Oriental Trading while looking for buttons that you'll see in the next few days.


This bag could have filled 10 of these bulbs! But, alas, I only had the one. Anyway...it was MESSY, but fun! We dug out the funnel (I must remember to buy a smaller funnel for stuff like this) and spooned the stuff in. I was thinking...instead of buying fake snow, you could also grate up some old broken white crayons to use. Making this even cheaper! You can also get all kinds of Christmas Crazy and add mini-Santas or what-nots and make it a Snowy I-Spy Ornament.

You want to see it again in all it's tree hanging glory, don't you???

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I featured this project in my roundup of glass ornament crafts here too. : )

-Mel the Crafty Scientist