Saturday, December 11, 2010

Paper Globe Ornaments

Today the wind is blowing and the snow is falling and it's seriously getting me in the Christmas Mood!

Our ornament for today is another super simple one! I found the idea here. You need some scrapbook paper, a ruler, pencil, scissors, a hole punch and brads. I cut my paper in one inch by six inch strips and it worked, but next time I'd make them thinner and longer. I had some bending issues... So here is what I started with:


Punch a hole on each end of every strip. The I had ten strips ready, but I only ended up using six. Then stack your strips up and fasten them at one end with a brad.



Now the original poster fastened them on each side and then gently spread out the strips to create a globe. I couldn't get it! So I unfastened one side and spread out the strips.


Then I flipped the whole thing over and bent each strip back one at a time to form the globe. When I had all the opposite side holes matched up, I fastened them with a brad.



Here is where I had to cut down my number of strips. Again, if I had cut the strips thinner, I think more strips would have worked out all right. In the end, though, it turned out great! Here it is on our tree:


No comments: