Monday, December 20, 2010

Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer

Last week one of Louie's spelling words was "reindeer". Appropriate, don't you think? Anyway...he missed it and spelled it "raindeer" instead. Ahhhhh, phonics!

So today's ornament is obviously a reindeer. I saw him here and had to try him for myself!

I started with a piece of brown construction paper and I fan folded it like this:


I'm digging my mad photo skills! Anyway, I pinched the folds together and then cut it up into little pieces. Here's what I got:


FUN! Then I stuffed them into my empty plastic bulb. Here's what that looks like:



And, finally, I glued on the eyes, nose and I wrapped some pipe cleaners around the top to form antlers. Last step...hang your "Raindeer" on the tree!

2 comments:

. said...

How stinkin' cute!!! :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Absolutely adorable and no mess!!!!