Sunday, December 12, 2010

Peppermint Candy Wreath

Well...the weekend is wrapping up and I just feel so cozy and Christmasie that I think I'll feature TWO ornaments today! That's right...TWO!


So that was the first one. As you can see...it was VERY complicated! I use these little bulbs to fill up pitchers and bowls and to decorate around the house. While looking at a red one...I thought it looked just like Santa's round belly! Add some black and yellow felt to make a buckle and belt and you're done! Isn't cute? It makes me want to say, "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

My next ornament is one we did last year. I found the idea here on Ramblings of a Crazy Woman. I LOVE her blog...she has such great ideas! Anyway, isn't the ornament pretty???


They are so bright and festive! And all you do is line a cookie sheet with foil. Arrange your peppermint candy disks ($1.00 for a bag at Wal-Mart) and pop them in the oven. I set our oven at 250 and I checked them every few minutes. At 10 minutes, you could tell the candy had melted enough and was starting to blend together. Take them out and let them cool. Then carefully peel the foil from the backs! I red & white puffy HEART these ornaments!!!

No comments: