Friday, December 24, 2010

The "Amy Special" Ornament!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE to All!!!

Christmas Eve is the day that we've always celebrated with my mother's side of the family. Now that James and I have our own little family, it works out great because his family celebrates Christmas Day!

So I'm taking a moment from our crazy, busy, fun day to post this funky ornament I came up with. I call it the Amy Special...because it makes me feel...special...I'm babbling now...

SO! I've used up 20 miles of ribbon this year and I've got lots of these in the recycle bin.


And I have a small forest worth of scrap paper that I'm sure I'll use SOMEDAY. So I traced my ribbon holder onto some cute paper.


And then I glued the circles onto each side. But there was a vast desert of cardboard where the ribbon used to be.


Hmmmm...snowflake paper. Snowflake fanatic. Lot's of cotton balls in my bathroom cabinet. EUREKA! I grabbed the bag of cotton balls and started cutting some in half. Have you ever cut a cotton ball in half? Those puppies have LAYERS. Cotton balls are like onions. Onions have layers. Sorry! I just had a Shrek moment!


Note the Ogre/Onion/Cotton Layers. ANYWAY! I glued the cotton balls along the barren cardboard.


Taaa Daaaa! A cute snowflake ~ cloud ~ frosty sandwich! Or, rather, the Amy Special!

For those of you who celebrate tonight, or tomorrow, or whenever...May your day be Merry & Bright! God Bless you and your families!!!

No comments: