Thursday, December 8, 2011

Cardboard Star

I've been noticing a lot of crafts using corrugated cardboard out there. I love a good recycle bin project, so I grabbed some cardboard and took the top layer off. Not knowing if it would turn out okay, I didn't take pictures. Memo To Self: Take Pictures.

I free handed a star on some scrapbook paper and cut it out.


Then I traced the star onto my ripped apart cardboard. I cut the cardboard star to be a little smaller and glued it on top of the paper star.


I apologize for photo inconsistencies...I can't figure out my camera!

Anyway, time to embellish!


I glued on a couple of buttons and I hot glued some twine to the back as a hanger.


And there my pretty little star is on the tree!

I'm thinking about making up some more and also doing some with the cardboard as the background and festive paper on the top.

We'll see. I've got a pile of gifts I still need to finish up. I'm feeling the Christmas Crunch!


Linking Up to Some or ALL of These Fantastic Parties!



3 comments:

Katie said...

The cardboard makes it looks so rustic and cute! Wow, Thank you for sharing this, love it! I just started a new linky party, and would love for you to join in! www.allredabode.com Monday Myriad blog hop

Herocakepops said...

Supre cuteness!

Amy said...

Thanks! :)