Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Granny A Day!

I'd like to give a round of applause to Jennifer from It's Just Jennifer!!!

She guessed correctly! I'm going to challenge myself to a...

GRANNY SQUARE A DAY!

I'm going to crochet myself through the month of September one Granny Square at a time!

And I'm already off to a good start. My first square is called The Humble Crochet Square and I found the pattern here!


I took a lot of pictures as the square grew...


and grew...


Then it grew some more...


And turned into it's own mini-blanket! Just kidding...but the square is pretty large!


I didn't know about the color combo at first...but it's really growing on me.


And this last one is the finished square! Toot Toot!

My goal is to do a different square a day all month and then stitch them all together to make a cuddly throw blanket for the family room. I hope you have fun following me or even joining in!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I guess I had an advantage having seen all of the grannies you've pinned on Pinterest lately =) That is a monster granny there, but pretty!