Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine "Art"!

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I've been hesitating to post this Valentine project, because I found it on a blog, tried it myself, LOVE the result...and now I can't find the blog to give credit where credit is due!

So...DISCLAIMER!!! I did not come up with this very inexpensive, fun, unique decorating idea on my own. I copy-catted someone who is WAY better at seeing potential in the Dollar Bin at Target than I am. I just forgot WHO this person is! So, if you are that person...or you know her...PLEASE leave me a comment so I can link my post back to the home of this fantastic idea!

That being said...check it out:


It's a bad photo, but I love how it looks in real life! I think I may need a new camera (hint hint, honey!). Anyway, the frames were in a 3-pack for $2.50 in the Dollar Spot at Target. I got the stickers there, too, for a buck. The scrapbook paper I already had at home. SO...this whole project was three dollars and fifty cents! Woo Hoo! And it works great in this skinny little bit of wall right next to our front door!


I unscrewed the backs of the frames and took out the plastic piece that would normally go on top of your photo.


Then I traced the frame opening onto my scrapbook paper and cut out the square. I glue-sticked it to the cardboard of the frame backing (the flap that opens up to allow you to put the photo inside). Then I re-screwed the back onto the front.


Then I picked out the stickers I wanted and placed them on the scrapbook paper. Without the plastic face of the frame, there is a cook 3D effect. I really like the blingy hearts!

No comments: