Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

How do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Do you make a big deal out of it with fancy dinners, flowers and such? Or do you keep it low key?

We keep it pretty low key. We did a lot of crafts leading up to today and the kids do their Valentine cards for school and that's about it! This year my lovely hubby surprised me with a subscription to Family Fun magazine (it's my FAVORITE!) and now I don't have to check out issues from the library.

The BEST part of my day, however, was learning that my Stamped Heart Flowers were featured on {Dot}{Dot}{Dot}!!! I am SO excited. If you're a blogger...then you know that when you are starting out (like me right now) it is FANTASTIC to have a fellow blogger (esp. one you are following) feature one of your things! I am Over The Moon excited!!! Thank you, Tasha, I've been smiling all day!

Now moving on to this cute shirt I made for Kat:


She was busy "reading" and couldn't be bothered to pose for me! I got the idea here, and thought these hearts would work just as well for a toddler. I hit the clearance shelf at Wal-Mart (I know. There's a lot of Wal-Mart hate out there...but I just can't quit them!). I gave it a washing and then inserted a piece of cardboard in the center to keep the paint from bleeding through.



Then I grabbed a toilet paper roll from my stash and cut off about a one inch band. It took some shaping, but I got it to resemble a heart.


Then I dipped the edge into some purple paint and stamped out the 3 x 3 design and chose one of the hearts to paint in completely.


Taa Daaa! Now. Go grab some chocolate and cuddle up with your honey. There's an hour and a half left of Valentine's Day!

No comments: