Saturday, February 26, 2011

Button, Button, Who's Got the Button?

 When I was a kid, my great grandparents took care of me during the day while my parents worked. I was the luckiest kid in the world! My Gram & Paps were sweet, fun and I can still feel the comfortable love that surrounded my days.

One of my favorite things to do was to pull out Gram's old cookie tin of buttons and play with them. I'd sort them, line them up and run my fingers through them. They would make a soothing clinking sound...very Zen!

Now that I'm in Full Craft Mode I've been thinking a lot about those buttons, but neither my Grandma, Mom or I knew what happened to that tin!

Sad story, right?

WRONG! My mom FOUND the buttons (strangely removed from their tin) hiding in her basement! Memories flooded back! Does it make me too weird to remember a goofy bunch of buttons so fondly? I picked out my favorite ones and brought them home...


Pretty Pinkies

White & Red

The White Flower...And the Big Blue has great texture.

GREEN...the best color EVER! And in the middle my FAV...Green Bird

The Big Petal One

The Big Brown ones are off my Grandpa John's cardigans.

1 comment:

Lyndsey said...

It doesn't make you weird at all! I have such fond memories of going through my mom's button tin, and she did the same with her mum's buttons. I have a huge button collection now, and my son LOVES going through them. I think I might feature some of mine on my blog like you did. Thanks for the idea! :)
http://abacktobasicslifestyle.blogspot.com/