Wednesday, March 9, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Wreath

Well...we're dealing with a Croupy Kat over here. Not fun. It makes me so sad when the kids are sick, and I just want to magically transfer whatever aches and pains they have to me. I'm thankful that we've really got some pretty hearty kids. Other than a few here and there's the munchkins are pretty healthy (knock on wood!). It's kind of funny, though, whenever I hear the word "croup" I immediately think of Anne of Green Gables and how she saved Minnie May Barry...ANYWAY!

So the last few days I've been doing a lot of snuggling and rocking with my Girlie. But not much craftin'. She's sleeping peacefully now, though, so I cranked this out!



Isn't it a wonderfully horrid photo of a terribly lopsided wreath?!?!

And I had such high hopes. Pooh.

As you can see...I wrapped up a foam wreath with some yarn that I inherited from my MIL. It's the variegated yarn I used to make some of my pom poms. Crazy how the wreath turned out striped! Then I made these little green rosettes out of scrap felt. I followed the directions from Our Seven Dwarfs. I also proceeded to hot glue burn my fingerprints off my thumbs. Good times. Then I hot glued (cursing all the way) the rosettes into shamrock shapes. Not noticing that they weren't exactly even. Double Pooh.

But...it IS bright and cheerful looking!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look too bad!! Yes, I would agree with you, it is at least bright and cheery, and that's all that counts right?! :)
p.s.- thanks for dropping by my blog the other day!

Our Seven Dwarfs said...

Your wreath looks great! Sorry to hear you got so many hot glue burns!