Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

Here is a little something we did for St. Patrick's Day and I'm just getting around to posting now!

I've been seeing these Rainbow Cupcakes EVERYWHERE!!! Two of my favorites, though, were:

Running With Glitter

I started with a box of white cake mix and mixed it up using the box directions. Then I divided the batter up between six bowls. I added food coloring to each bowl to make each color of the rainbow (except Indigo. poor forgotten Indigo.).


PRETTY!

Then things started getting hairy. My boys...in their most "helpful" manner...wanted to say layer the colors. I didn't get a good shot of this, because I kept saying, "Remember. Roy G. Biv! Only Backwards!"
I know better to put the nix on some Boy Cooking Fun...they were flinging colorful batter all over the cupcake liners. Oh well.

What was SUPPOSED to happen was this: Dollop a spoon of purple on the bottom of each liner. Then do blue, green, yellow, orange & red. I spread the colors out a little, but I didn't want to mix them up too much. I was able to squeeze out two cupcakes in the proper color order. The rest looked like a Dr. Seuss experiments!

Then bake you cupcakes following your package instructions. And let them cool.



This is what they'll look like when done.



MUFFIN TOP! heeheehee...makes me laugh.

I topped ours with Vanilla frosting and those little round sprinkles (Nonpareils???).



Can you taste the Rainbow? Nom Nom Nom

Photobucket

2 comments:

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Those turned out great!!!!!
Thank you for the link back! xoxoxoxoxox
http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/

Melissa @ The Chocolate Muffin Tree said...

Love these cupcakes too! Hope you had a fun time Tie Dye Coffee Filter Easter Eggs! Thanks for stopping by!