Thursday, March 17, 2011

Erin-Go-Wreath

When Louie was a baby, I bought him a CD called Sunday School Favorites.
We LOVE it!
But our favorite song...and one we sing ALL the time goes like this...

May the road rise to meet you,
And the wind be at your back.
And the Lord hold you always
In the hollow of his hand!

It's called the Irish Blessing Song and I just wanted to share it with you all!

Now. I'm. Ready. To. Take. A. Giant. Leap.

I've got a really ugly front door. So ugly it could win an ugly door contest.
But I made this really cute Irish-y wreath that I want to share.
So, I think I'm ready to share our ugly front door with the world.
Promise not to laugh. Or gag.


I know, right! And this is from the inside...the outside is worse!
But the wreath is cute!

Wanna know what I did?


I started with a Dollar Tree wreath form.The guy at our Dollar Tree must think I'm nuts. In the last few weeks I've bought five of these. Anyway...cut out about 10 Zillion circles from felt in the colors you want. And grab your straight pin box. Really...are there any sort of pins that aren't straight? Curly pins? Zig zag pins? Just curious...

Grab a circle and then fold it in half. Now fold it in half again. It will look like a little green (or whatever color) pie wedge. Then spear the tip of your new felt pie with a pin. Like this.


Only make sure you get a manicure first! SORRY! Then stab the pin into your wreath form.


Now repeat this process 10 Zillion more times...filling up the wreath!

And...Taaa Daaa!


A pretty wreath on a nasty door!

I promise to paint my UFD (ugly front door) this summer and I'll try to do something with those horrible diamond windows. Buying a new door would probably be the easiest route to go...but I'm cheap  all about reduce, re-use, recycle! Plus the word shimmy kind of bugs me.





Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that wreath! I've seen many different wreath ideas floating around lately. Your's is unique in that you use felt and pins. Great Idea!!!