Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hamburger Chowder & Menu Planning

It's been a fun and relaxing weekend. Now I'm trying to buckle down and come up with a Meal Plan for the week. I know everyone and their aunt does this EXCEPT me! I love to cook...really I do...but I've gotten into some lazy habits. So here we go!

Tonight we had Hamburger Chowder. I didn't take pictures. SORRY. Boring Post!

Here's the recipe:
1/2 lb ground beef (I used a pound)
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
1 3/4 cup milk
1 cup frozen shredded hash browns
1 T taco seasoning
1 T dried minced onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
Coarsely crushed corn chips, shredded cheese, sour cream...optional

In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, mil, potatoes, taco seasoning, onion and chili powder until well blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat at summer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with the chips, cheese and sour cream if you desire.

IT WAS SOOOOOOOOO GOOD! Warm and filling and comfy. Yum.

Here's Dinner for the rest of the week:

Monday...Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Tuesday...Lasagna
Wednesday...Grilled Cheese and Creamy Tomato Soup
Thursday...Hamburger Noodle Bake
Friday...BBQ Chip Crusted Orange Roughy
Saturday...Cheesy Chicken Pot Cups
Sunday...Baked Swiss Chicken

There. Now it's out there...I can't take it back! I'd be letting you all down!!!
So let it be written...so let it be done...or whatever Yule Brynner said.

No comments: