Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Red Lobster-esque Biscuits

I don't know if everyone has a Red Lobster restaurant around where they live...
but I LOVE their biscuits. About a year ago I found a recipe for them online.
Tonight I made these yummy biscuits to go with our dinner
and I just had to share them with you all!

Here's what you'll need:


The glass of Diet Dr. Pepper is totally optional! Didn't notice it lurking there in the shot. But other than that: Milk, Bisquick, Shredded Cheddar (we were almost out so I subbed some mozzarella), garlic powder, butter, oregano and garlic salt. Preheat your oven to 400 and grease a cookie sheet.

Mix two cups of Bisquick, a 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and one and a half cups of shredded cheese together.


Then add 2/3 cup of milk. The mix will be THICK!


Drop by the spoonful onto the greased cookie sheet.


Pop into the oven for 10 minutes. While your biscuits are baking, melt your butter. The recipe calls for 2 Tablespoons, but it never went far enough. These biscuits are THIRSTY and the more butter the merrier...right? So I melt a whole stick. Then mix in 2 tsp of dried oregano and 1 tsp of garlic salt.

After the 10 minutes, pull out your biscuits and brush them with the butter mixture. I have a handy tool:


It's a duck feather pastry brush. I found it at the Czech Museum in Cedar Rapids, IA! My great grandmother used these all the time and I LOVE it!




Pop them back into the oven for another 5 minutes. When times up, brush them again.


Then serve them up to some happy customers!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Red Lobster said...

awesome, looks great :)

Amy said...

Thanks! They're pretty good! We went to Red Lobster a couple of weeks ago for my birthday dinner and then we got on a biscuit kick and had these twice the following week!!! :)