What you do...is come up with 101 tasks you'd like to accomplish. Then, you give yourself 1001 days to finish all of the tasks on your list.
I love this concept! It's perfect for someone like me...I've got a million things I want and need to do and I'm a pro at finding ways to put them off!
1001 days is an awesome amount of time because it equals about 2.75 years. It's enough time to do something big (major vacation or trip), to take care of seasonal tasks that might take more than one season to complete, to make real life changing habits (losing weight) AND to give some extra time to professional procrastinators like myself!
I've completed my list and I want to share it with you all! I'm also going to start a separate blog to chronicle my progress and help Me to keep track of Myself! I'm sure, though, some of that blog might leak it's way over to this blog and visey versa (that IS a word in my world!).
Start Date: May 1, 2011
End Date: January 27, 2014
(I apologize...I've got a hodge podge...I haven't categorized them!)
1. Start a compost pile
2. Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years.
3. Write a letter to each of my children to open in 10 years.
4. Write a letter to James to open in 10 years.
5. Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet.
6. Complete a 365 day photo challenge.
7. Give up fast food for an entire month.
8. Drink only water for an entire week.
9. Read 100 new books.
10. Write a short story.
11. Learn to knit.
12. Crochet a blanket.
13. Make my Grandma's Cinnamon Pickles
14. Make homemade bread.
15. Visit two states I've never been to.
16. Go to a Farmer's Market and buy produce.
17. Re-tile the shower in the main bathroom.
18. Make a homemade pizza...dough, sauce & home grown herbs.
19. Hose an Ugly-Christmas-Sweater party.
20. Take the family to the Wilbur Czech Festival.
21. Visit 5 museums.
22. Get a manicure/pedicure.
23. Take a class at the community college.
24. Eat a dinner with chopsticks.
25. Complete a cross stitch project.
26. Support small business. Find 10 local businesses. Buy a product from each.
27. Calculate our carbon footprint. Make a positive change to alter it.
28. Enter a walk/run/ride for a cause.
29. Put one dollar in a jar every day of this challenge.
30. Mail 50 cards/letters/postcards.
31. Visit a planetarium.
32. Do an Alphabet photography project. Make a book out of our shots.
33. Try 10 new foods.
34. Go Geocaching.
35. Visit five state parks.
36. Host a cookie exchange.
37. Enter a contest.
38. Learn to French braid.
39. Make homemade jam and jelly.
40. Lose 50 pounds.
41. Start Tai Chi.
42. Send something to my DH at work for no reason.
43. Visit three new zoos.
44. Take my Mom & Daughter on a Girls Only Vacation.
45. Visit our family in Washington.
46. Take the kids to see an ocean.
47. Go on a cruise.
48. Have our family photo taken professionally.
49. Go to see three live musicals.
50. Take the boys to a Husker game.
51. Try a new recipe each week.
52. Make noodles from scratch.
53. Do a "Day in the Life"...blog post.
54. Be a guest blogger on someone's blog. (HINT HINT!)
55. Start tweeting.
56. Do (at least!) one crunch every other night.
57. Post five book reviews on Goodreads.
58. Go to the Tulip Festival in Pella, Iowa.
59. Adopt a family for Christmas.
60. Go down a water slide.
61. Personally thank a member of the military for their service.
62. Join a woman's prayer group or bible study group at church.
63. Try five new cupcake recipes.
64. Paint the kitchen doors with magnetic & chalkboard paint.
65. Plant vegetables.
66. Tie Dye with the kids.
67. Do a freezer stencil shirt for each kid.
68. Cook a full turkey by myself.
69 Finish the Flylady's Baby Step program.
70. Do menu planning for a month.
71. Make a pavlova.
72. Take a cooking class to learn a new cooking technique.
73. Re-learn piano.
74. Go to a local fair/festival.
75. Build a snowman with the kids.
76. Finish my family tree. Use ancestry.com if needed.
77. Take silly photos in a booth with James.
78. Have a family game night once a month. Every month.
79. Do something about the nasty carpet in the house.
80. Remove all the bushes/shrubbery in the side and back yard.
81. Make a photo wall.
82. Catch fireflies.
83. Play putt putt.
84. Take the kids to see an imax film.
85. Make ice cream in a bag.
86. Make and fly our own kites.
87. Organize and burn all home videos to DVD.
88. Do the wii fit for one hour each week.
89. Go roller skating.
90. Memorize a poem.
91. Take my vitamins every day for a month.
92. Write a children's book.
93. Go to three outdoor concerts.
94. Write five reviews on trip advisor.
95. Try 10 new restaurants.
96. Answer the "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind".
97. Learn belly dance basics.
98. Wire a lamp.
99. Eat 2 salads a week for lunch for 2 months.
100. Put together a recipe binder.
101. Get my moles checked.
SO! Nothing too Earth Shattering...but we should have some fun!