Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yarn Dipped Candy Canes

Okay. So the Candy Cane isn't really "dipped" in yarn. It's "wrapped" in yarn. Dipped sounds so much more yummy, though!


This was so easy to do! I found my inspiration HERE. To wrap the candy cane, I used a think yarn and started at the bottom. I wrapped it around and around to the tip and then I put a small dab of glue on the to hold it in place. Kat was watching me and when I was finished she asked in a horrified voice, "Where'd the candy cane go???" I promised her she could eat it after Christmas!

The white was cute...but my eyes strayed over to my DMC floss collection and I grabbed some red to make the crisscross pattern. I think it looks good enough to eat!


Simple. Effective. And it keeps us all from munching on all the real candy canes!

No comments: