Monday, December 12, 2011

Candy Cane Ornament

Okay. You can stop pretending it's still Sunday!

I'm caught up to Monday!

I found this cute ornament idea at Anders Ruff. Since we love candy canes & puzzles...it was a Must!


It turned out HUGE...but super cute! I used a 100 piece puzzle of my son's that had some missing pieces. I would suggest, unless you want a giant ornament, using an adult puzzle...maybe a 500 or thousand piece.

But the Giant Candy Cane works for us! Our tree is getting some bald patches and this filled one up just fine!

I painted some pieces white and some red. I skimped on painting the backs. Then I arranged them in the shape I wanted & plugged in the glue gun.


Ended up only putting glue on the red (or top) pieces. A little dab on each tip, and then I pushed it into place on the tops of the neighboring white pieces.


Here's a shot of the back. Then I took some green ribbon to make a loop for hanging and a bow & I embellished with a cute little jingle bell!






No comments: