Saturday, December 18, 2010

Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer(s)!

What's this??? A blog post that's NOT about ornaments??? Yep! I've been so focused on my self-imposed Ornament Challenge that I haven't even mentioned the other stuff we've been doing!

So I'd like to take this opportunity to introduce you to my Trio of Rudolph's!


This is a project we do every year like my Ghostie Feet. The kiddos trace their hands (I'm thinking you probably figured that out!) and a foot. Then you let them loose with the glue bottle and they glue on google eyes and pom pom noses! My children love them because they look "silly"! However this year...we had to do some individualizing.

J, our three year old, looked at his and said, "Mine needs glasses." We had to put J in glasses about a month ago and he's ALL about glasses! So here is his:


Then the boys decided their lil' sister's needed to look more "girlie". So here's Kat's:


LOVE the bow! Children make the Christmas season SO much fun! They are so excited and when I look at their faces as we do crafts or decorate or sing carols...it's like they glow. Since we didn't do anything special with our oldest's reindeer, I'd like to share something he said to me on the way home from school the other day. "Mom, what do you think most people think of when they think about Christmas?" I answered that most people would first think of Santa and presents. Then he said, "I know. It's kind of sad. The first thing I think of is Baby Jesus." I had a Grinch-like heart swell! It was a definite moment when I whispered, "Thank you, God, for my wonderful family."

No comments: