Monday, December 20, 2010

Cute & Quick Christmas Gift

Here is an idea that the kids and me whipped up to give as gifts this year. At Louie's school, the kids always make a gift to bring home for Mom & Dad and I took last year's idea and morphed it a little. Here's the finished product:


We painted a finger on each child and then pressed it to the glass candle holder. I LOVE the stair step-ness that my kid's are at! Then I painted the noses, eyes and buttons on. Louie did the arms with a brown Sharpie. Then I Modge Podged around the base and sprinkled Epsom salt over the Modge Podge. It was kind-of sparse looking, so after it dried I did another coat. The texture is awesome! We added the candle and this cute little poem:
Little Snowmen, One, Two, Three
Made by our fingers
As you can see
When you light the candle
It will burn so bright
To remind you that we Love you,
Day and Night!

3 comments:

. said...

What a fanstastic idea!!! So personal!! :)

I wish I had been more sentimental when my Doodle was younger.

Stacy Risenmay said...

So precious! I love it.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I tried the handprint ornament, but I am liking this idea even more. I am definitely bookmarking this for next year. You have a amazing blog with so many ideas. Thanks so much for sending me your way.