Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mustache Love

Kind of sounds like a song, doesn't it?

Meerkat Love?

MUSKRAT Love!

Anyway...back on track, Amy! I'm talking about Mustaches (Mustachi? How do you make that plural?)!

I'm sure you've noticed that they are EVERYWHERE! On mugs & glasses & wall art & cupcake picks...And Tom Selleck and Burt Reynolds are thinking, "I knew it would come back!"

So I wanted to share in some of the Mustache Love that's going around. That's how I came up with:



Muah-Ha-Ha-Haaaaa!

No, my three year old isn't jacked up on growth hormone injected junk food! He's sporting the super cool Mustache Key chain we made as a gift for his Godfather!

I'll be honest. I didn't take a lot any photos of the process...because I didn't think it would turn out so darn cute! But I really like it...so I'm sure I'll be making some more! I just HAD to share NOW!

So here's what I did. I went out looking for some leather, but I found this gigantic roll of bumpy black vinyl at Hancock Fabrick for super cheap! I bought a small piece and I could probably make 100 more of these babies out of it...it goes a long way!

I did some searching for mustache silhouettes online and found a nice, stereo-type 'stache and sized it just right. Then I printed it out and used that as a template. I cut out two. Then I put the "wrong" sides together and did some mustache trimming (heeheehee) to make the pieces match up exactly.

I used black thread and whip stitched the pieces together. I thought this would be tough with the material and the double thickness, but it wasn't too bad! On the tip of one side, I wanted to add a loop for keys. I (or you) could add a piece of ribbon, or material to add the ring, but I just stitched it right on the tip of the mustache. (You can just see the metal of the ring on the left side)


Now. Really. I'd love to stay, but I've just found my keys and MUSTACHE!


Photobucket

Cross your fingers...
I'm entering this in:

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Little kids with mustaches crack me up!

Shellsea said...

Haha what a cute post! Love your son with the mustache keychain. I started cracking up about the Tom and Burt part!!

Holly Lefevre said...

A moustache key chain...too cute!
Holly
504 Main