Thursday, May 19, 2011

An Army of Perrys...

This is my LAST Birthday Cake post. Promise! Until Kat turns two in a couple of weeks...

We found a really cheap affordable way to throw Louie a swim party for his friends. A local indoor pool charged us a buck a head. A DOLLAR A KID! Woo hoo! So I had a lot of hungry 8 year old mouths to feed. Eighteen to be exact.

We did pizza and non-caffeine pop...

...and THESE!


Doo Be Doo Be Doo Bah! Perrrrry!

I gotta say. They were pretty cute. And the boys got a huge kick out of them!

Wanna know what's under all that teal frosting?

TWINKIES! I frosted frosted each Twinkie with vanilla frosting. Then I stuck on mini marshmallows and stuck mini chocolate chips onto those. The beak (or bill if you will) is an orange Mike Ike. And the (beaver) tail is a chocolate wafer cookie, cut into thirds.


Side Note: One of Louie's besties (do boys use that phrase???) has some severe food allergies. He isn't able to consume Twinkies so I used two Krispie Treats stuck together to make his Perry body. He also wasn't able to eat the chocolate wafers so I flattened out a Tootsie Roll to use instead. Just as cute. Just as Yummy!

Photobucket

Linking UP Here:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it was a fun time! All your perrys make me want some cake! :) They need to at least come up with scratch and sniff on the computer! :)

Jennifer said...

They are so cute! Very creative!

idesign said...

very cute! i'm sure the kids loved them :) found you over at three little birds, come by for a visit sometime :)

Jackie
http://jaclyndesigns.blogspot.com/

Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas said...

fun party & treats! My girls love Phineas & Ferb so these would be a big hit at my house. :)

Stopping by from Made by Messy hands Monday & now following

Bernadette
http://momto2poshlildivas.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My son would go crazy for these!

Vintage Marigold said...

I love it. Phineas and Feb live is coming to my city and I should make these for an after show treat!

vintagemarigold.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

That's so funny. What a great deal on the pool, too!

Jen @ EmbellishingLifeEveryday said...

These are so fun! My daughter loves the show. She smiled when she saw these! Looks just like Perry! Thanks for linking up :) featuring this today...