Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ahhhhhh...Refreshing!

We don't keep pop (soda...I'm from Nebraska, though, so I call it pop!) in the house. Mainly, because I'll drink it all! I'm a total addict...mostly to Coke, but I'm not picky!

Our oldest has suddenly gotten it into his head that pop is the best thing in the world to drink...and he needs to ask a million times a day if he can have some. Ugh. Makes for a cranky Mommy.

So I'm always looking for something good and fun to drink that goes beyond the milk, water, juice cycle of our Beverage Lives.

I came across this recipe in Family Fun Magazine (love it).

EGG CREAM


Funny, because there's no eggs or no cream in it...but that's okay. It's an old soda fountain classic and it's super easy to make.

You stir together 1/3 cup of cold milk with 3 Tablespoons of chocolate syrup. Hold your spoon so that the bowl of the spoon touches the bottom of your glass. Then poor cold seltzer against the spoon. Pouring the seltzer against the spoon instead of directly into the milk and chocolate mix is what makes it all foamy.

Mine doesn't look much like the Family Fun picture...but it was certainly a treat. Kind of like chocolate pop! Our oldest LOVED it...but the younger two weren't that impressed.

It's something to try!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

The name has always kind of grossed me out, but I'd be willing to try it now that I know there aren't any eggs in it =)