Friday, April 15, 2011

Mini-Vay Cay to Amana Colonies, Iowa

Before I tell you about our Weekend Getaway...I wanted to share Day 2 of our Easter Tree:



SO!
This weekend, my Handsome Hubs thought we could all use a fun weekend away and booked us a room at the Clarion Hotel in Williamsburg, Iowa!

We're BIG fans of the Amana Colonies and it's a quick three-ish hour drive East of our home. I've been going there with family since I was little, and it was the first vacation James and I took together. It's an old German settlement made up of small villages. Now it's a great place to do some shopping, wine tasting and meat & cheese sampling! The Clarion is just off I-80 and they have a small indoor water park called Wasserbahn. Our boys love playing in the water, but aren't big-time swimmers, so the smaller size of the water park is perfect for our family! Here are some shots of our trip:

Toy Shop in Main Amana

James, Kat & Louie enjoying the Awesome Weather!

Kat couldn't get enough of the Kiddie Slide with Daddy!

Louie working his way across the logs.

Giant Playground at the Hotel

Amana Woolen Mill

Old Warping Wheel

LOVED these Stars!

Amana General Store

Photobucket


No comments: