What's that you say? It's February already???
Whoops! I kind of skipped January. But I'm baaaaaaaack (in creepy Poltergeist manner)!
And I'm back with something FUN!
A couple of weeks ago, Stevie over at Moore Babies, tagged me in a fun game "Tag! You're It".
I love these types of things, because you get to know more about these awesome bloggers and maybe find some new awesome bloggers to follow!
So, Stevie, I accept your Tag and am ready to Play!
First things First: Rules
1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 11 fun facts about yourself on your post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger asked you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you tag.
4. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
5. Let your eleven people know you've tagged them!
Eleven Fun Things about Moi:
1. When I was eight I took Czech lessons from the community college to surprise my Great grandmother. Unlucky for me, it wasn't conversational Czech, but a crazy grammatical class. I fared pretty well!
2. If I watch a scary movie (or see a trailer for a scary movie) I need to watch Mary Poppins in order to fall asleep. With the closet doors shut!
3. I'm a lefty. That makes me creative, right? And bad at math. Or maybe I'm bad at math because I'm ME!
4. I'm also terrible at spelling. Some of the words on my oldest's spelling list are words I continually misspell!
5. I called my maternal grandparents by their names. Rita & John. My first job was at their Print Shop. I played there a LOT growing up (Mom worked there, too and then later, my Dad). I would go on deliveries with John all the time. They put me on the payroll when I was 15. And I worked there until we shut the doors in 2000.
6. My hubby and I were best friends for 6 years before we started dating. We dated for five months before he proposed. I would recommend marrying your best friend to anyone!
7. I never finished college. I was an elementary ed / music ed major. I've recently been thinking about going back to get a degree in Library Science.
8. I watch Phineas and Ferb when the kids are asleep. LOVE IT! I also watch Fraggle Rock on Netflix when I'm alone. Dance your cares away! Clap Clap Down at Fraggle Rock.
9. I was an early "bloomer" and I stopped growing when I was in fifth grade. I'm five foot ten inches. I was a giant!
10. My mother-in-law's name is Linda. So is my Mom's. My Dad's name is Bob. So is my father-in-law's. Creepy? Try this...my parent's anniversary is 3/5. My in-law's anniversary is 5/3. Cue Twilight Music!
11. We live about three blocks away from some train tracks. Whenever the whistle blows, my brain sings, "I hear the train a comin'." Gotta love Johnny Cash!
Stevie's Questions for Me:
1. Look back 10 years, is your life where you thought it would be?
Wow! Ten years ago I was 24. We were just getting ready to buy this house. Now that I'm in that mind frame, I'd say Yes. We knew we'd live here for awhile. We knew we wanted 2 or 3 kids. Bonus, I get to stay at home with them! We're right on track!!!
2. When do you fit blogging in?
In the evenings, mostly, while the kids are falling asleep. Sometimes during the day if they're napping or busy with their play/projects. I didn't fit ANY in last month!
3. How often do you cook dinner?
At least four nights a week. Usually more. We used to be REALLY bad at this and ate out a LOT.
4. What kind of music do you listen to?
I truly am a jumbled mix of musical tastes. I fall back on the oldies, because that's what my parents listened to while I was growing up. I've always been a bit of a rebel, and shunned pop music. But I love Lady Gaga. I also love old school country...Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings. Throw in some show tunes from Les Mis and Wicked and we've got ourselves a play list!
5. Do you have any pets?
We have a fish named Wolfie. Don't judge, a three-year-old named him! And we've started talking about the "D" word.
6. What is your favorite thing to do at the beach?
We're in Nebraska...so I'm not a beach expert. However, I love standing or walking right on the edge of the water and wiggling my toes in the wet sand.
7. If you were stuck on a desert island, what book would you bring?
Anne of Green Gables. Final answer.
8. Do you prefer going to bars or clubs?
When we go out it's usually to a bar. Where everybody knows your name. And they're always glad you came.
9. What's your ideal date night?
10. Where would you go on your next vacation if money were not an issue?
Disney Cruise to Hawaii!
11. What is your favorite meal of all time?
Baked pork chops, potato dumplings and sauerkraut & peas. Iced tea to drink.
Tag 11 Bloggers:
My Questions to these Ladies:
1. Which blog post of yours is your favorite?
2. Which color is your least favorite?
3. What's the best way (in your opinion) to get more people to read your blog?
4. What's your guilty pleasure?
5. If you could only eat one veggie for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
6. What was your favorite toy as a child?
7. What clubs/activities were you involved in during High School?
8. What is your biggest fear?
9. What song do you find most inspiring?
10. Do you play any musical instruments?
11. Is there an interesting story or sentimental meaning to your name? Your kid's names?
Have fun! And go check out everyone's links and links of links...!