Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dolly Diapers

For the past few months, Kat has been in tune to all things Potty. This is a good thing...it's making potty training much easier! She associates diapers and dirty pants with babies. And she doesn't see herself as a baby anymore (insert Mommy whimper), so she's passing it along to her Baby Dolls.

So when I saw THESE at 2 Little Hooligans, I flipped out! Sooooooo Cute! And a little wipes case to go with the diapers? Yes, please!

Here's how mine turned out:


2 Little Hooligans has a GREAT tutorial and I love the colorful fabrics to make Dolly Diaper Change Time more fun! However, when I tried to free hand a diaper shape...my non-artist skills reared their ugly head! I couldn't get a diaper that didn't look all wonky!

Enter Skip To My Lou! She's got a printable diaper template and I used the heck out of it!!!

I was ready to GO!

I picked out four different fabrics from a JoAnn's 99 cent fat quarter sale. I was going to buy some fleece (it's SO expensive...where do you get your fleece?). But then I remembered an old baby blanket in my up-cycle pile that was backed with white fleece. AWESOME! Then I picked up some velcro for the fasteners.

I printed out the template and cut out all my fabric and fleece. Then I followed all 2 Little Hooligans directions to sew everything together!




Whoops! A little bunched up...


Plenty of Whoopsies! as I went along...but...


All together, they look GREAT! And they are making a Mini-Momma-In-Training very happy!

Now, about those wipes...


I just used cheapy felt sheets that I had left over from other projects.


Open the top to pull out the "wipes"!


Here's the case and the pile of wipes. Again, I followed 2 Little Hooligans directions and I'm so excited with the way everything turned out!!!





4 comments:

christina said...

great job and i love that orange one! thanks for linking and sharing with me. i always love to see something made from using one of my tutorials. and great to know about the template from skip to my lou, i'll have to pass the word:)

Creatively Content said...

Ok so I love that you went to your upcycle pile and used what you had. Way to go!!! The diapers are really cute and I personally like the diaper wipe idea. A+ Amy. :)

Flower Girl Cotttage said...

I LOVE these diapers ! and hey thanks for stopping by my headband blog post - Love your blog and I am your newest follower : )

Heather said...

SO cute! I wish I could sew!