Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Great Cub Cook-Off

Well. Maybe it wasn't a cook-off, but Louie is a Wolf Cub this year and one of their achievements was to plan a meal and then help to prepare and serve it and then clean up.

I had just stumbled across this AWESOME recipe at Why Not on a Tuesday. The recipe is for Pizza Bites and they are da BOMB! Oh yeah. So yummy I'm going old school! When I asked Louie what his favorite home-cooked (to eliminate him from shouting "Taco Bell!") meal was he didn't hesitate in wanting to make Pizza Bites.

I'm ashamed that I didn't take pictures of him during the prep-process. My photo card keeps wandering away from me...or, rather, I keep leaving it in bizarre places like my lap top and then forgetting that it is in my lap top. Then I grabbed my computer to make sure we did all the steps in the recipe (so easy I've committed it to memory) and BEHOLD! My photo card!

Anyway...here is the finished product:


The original recipe uses pepperoni, however J. has objections to pepperoni when it's INSIDE anything. He'll eat it out of the bag all day long. As long as I don't mix it up or sprinkle it on anything. So I had Louie make half out of pepperoni and half out of ground beef. It was a great lesson in browning beef and then draining all the grease. These puppies are great EITHER way!



As you can see...we couldn't wait to take a bite...



Yummy layered pepperoni and mozzarella goodness! Louie decided to serve these with warmed up pizza sauce and green beans. For dessert he made a fruit salad out of his favorite fruits!



Apples, Blackberries and Mandarin Oranges! Good choices, Louie!

No comments: