Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dear Granny Squares,

Dear Granny Squares,

This is the hardest letter I've had to write. I want to emphasize how much fun we've had together this past month. You've taught me new things about myself, new skills that I never would have tried without you. You are so beautiful, colorful, cuddly. But...I'm afraid we have to break up.

It's not you. It's ME. I'm just no good for you, Granny Square. I thought we could settle down. Finish off the challenge. Be happy and cozy all Winter long, watching black & white movies, sipping hot chocolate... But the commitment was such a weight on my hands (er, chest?). I started to rebel. To push back. To ignore you. I even started looking at other crafts...

Granny Square, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I have to quit you. I still love you. With all my heart! But we need some "space". Maybe it will work later. Maybe we can come back together and finish what we started. I hope so!

Love,
Amy

Or...in other words...Amy's Granny Square Challenge is officially STALLED!

I couldn't do it! Too much Granny. I'm dreaming Granny. I'm seeing Granny everywhere! Granny is stalking me!!!
God Bless those people out there that do this sort of challenge and complete it. I admire you!
At first I was in denial. No way. I can finish it. I just need to crochet 11 more and I'll be caught up.

Yeah. Not going to happen.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE a Granny Square! I was just starting to feel burdened by the whole thing, when it was supposed to be fun. Then (in the weird ticking of how my brain works) I started getting resentful about the whole thing. Not cool.
And I do hope to pick it back up. Maybe after Christmas.

This is a gleaming example of why...my sink is always full of dishes, I have a closet full of half-done projects, I have a ton of weight to lose (but I'm eating a cookie right now), and Mt. Laundry is taking over the basement.
I can admit it, though, and isn't that the first step???

So! I'm excited about blogging all the stuff I jammed in between crocheting squares!!! Tomorrow is a new day...with no mistakes in it...yet!

p.s.The cookie is totally calorie free since it is a "break up" cookie.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was wondering how the grannies were coming... I understand, a month of something doesn't seem like alot until you are in the middle of it. I've tried 365 challenges and quit, tried the 101 in 1001 (it's my blog addy LOL) and am ignoring it as hard as possible. But at least you have a good start on it and I'm sure you'll finish it up =) It apparently takes me about 5 months to finish an afghan, no matter how excited I am about it to begin with.

Amy said...

I kind of had a feeling you'd understand! :) I've stalled (quit) my 101 in 1001 challenge too! I know that I'll come back to it. Love the colors & the squares I made. I've just got a short attention span!